Tuesday, November 22, 2011

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST FOR FAMILY MEMBERS IN DANGER!

In the last few years, I have met some new “Family Members” through Facebook and our weblog. 

Bro. Thampie Joseph
works in several
areas all over India.

There is Bro. Thampie Joseph, who has been (by his own definition) an independent, fundamental, KJV only, Baptist pastor/missionary in Chennai, India, for the past 36 years (www.nibaptist.org). He has missions and works all over India.

Bro. Koteswara Rao


Bro. Koteswara Rao, who is at Baptist Church Jeedimetla in Hyderabad, India, hosted a 24-Hour Prayer Summit this past September.  At that prayer summit, in which  there were about 250 in attendance, they prayed for us and our ministry!


Bro. James Ochwo
in East Africa
Then, there is  Pastor James Ochwo, in Uganda East Africa, and also John Wood, a  21 year old believer in Pakistan who, for the last 2 years, has been preaching and leading Bible studies in his country, in spite of the danger. I hear from these brothers on a fairly regular basis - AND THEY NEED OUR HELP AND PRAYERS!



Bro. John Wood
in Pakistan
These precious Christian brothers live in countries where they are not just “made to feel a little uncomfortable”, but genuinely persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ!  They live in countries where it is not uncommon to be beaten, imprisoned or even lose their lives for professing that Jesus is the Christ, the only Son of the Living God. These dear men and women, MY brothers and sisters in Christ, are TRUE heroes of the faith! 




Bro. John Wood distributes Bibles
to the people of Pakistan.
These men have a burden and vision of reaching their people for Christ!  They have asked for our prayers and support, and although our hearts ache because we are not able to help them monetarily at this time, they are in our constant thoughts and prayers!  




My correspondence and contact with these esteemed men of God prompted me to try to learn more about their countries and areas of ministry. My search lead me to a particular website: www.persecution.com. This site represents the ministry/organization called Voice of the Martyrs.  What an eye opener this site was to me!


For a couple of years now, I have been getting their newsletters and email updates. This has opened a whole new, heartbreaking, yet inspiring, world for me. It has changed my attitude and viewpoint concerning my own life and ministry!!  My burden, my prayer life, my awareness and perspective for service to the King of Kings has changed!  My sense of urgency and desire to do something - ANYTHING - to reach the world with the Gospel of Christ has become more desperate, critical and urgent!! My determination to stand firm and unwavering in my Christian faith has been reinforced and strengthened!

Please take a moment to watch this video.  You rarely see or hear of any of these happenings… but it is happening!!! 
Every Day!!!
It is high time that we, as Christians in America, open our eyes to what is happening in the world today.  We need to pray for our brothers and sisters world wide and do whatever we can to help.  There are those, in other lands who truly know what persecution is... they live it every day. If they are willing to give their lives that others may know Christ and His salvation,  are you not at least willing to live yours for the same reason?

I challenge you to sign up for the updates and news letters from Voice of the Martyrs.  I challenge you to live your life in such a way as to not bring shame to the name of Christ. I challenge you to stop living your life for self and to PLEASE, for Christ’s sake, strive to make a difference in this world... in YOUR world! Do you love Him? Do you appreciate the sacrifice He made to forgive you of your sins and provide a home for you in Heaven?  If your answer is ‘YES’, then LIVE for Him, TELL others of His love and saving grace!  Don’t be afraid to STAND UP and STAND STRONG for the name of Christ, and PRAY for the salvation of the lost as well as for those “family members” that are in danger around the world!







LET’S 

MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If America doesn't wake up we will be looking at this too as in Dearborn Michigan they have Shari law and the muslims have taken over. We are in the last days and that is why we need to share Christ with as many as will listen NOW.

Anonymous said...

Miss Debbie,
I wish you hadn't sent me this email with the video link. I wish I hadn't seen what I saw, but now I have no excuses! While I wish I hadn't seen what I did, I will be forever grateful and humbled by the true Heros of our faith who paid such a high price to live for Jesus. I continue to weep as I think about all that these saints are going through and most American Christians (myself included) are selfish, spoiled, careless with and about our faith. Please forgive me Lord Jesus.

Thank you for being brave enough to not worry about what others might think. You slapped me in the face of my apathy! Thanks, I needed that!

Thanks for being a voice of Truth

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis. Debbie,

Season's Greetings to you and your's from Chennai, India!
What a blessing to hear of your well-being by God's amazing grace! 
Truly, I am blessed beyond measure by the Lord, though I don't deserve it!
I am thankful to you for your love, care, compassion and concern for mission work as well as missionaries.

Especially, I am SOOOOoooo thankful to God for YOU, personally - because several months back, you taught me some thing about 'managing our finances'!!!! My...My...what a difference it has done in my personal and ministerial areas of handling of 'God's money' wisely and not to be "poor" all the time!!!!!

Kindly forgive me, for NOT acknowledging and sharing this truth earlier with you! Really you ARE anointed of the Lord!

In your report-update below, I find your kind words of appeal for brethren to pray for me too as we are facing some hard times! Thank you sister, for your attitude and gesture of love and care! Honestly, it's the FIRST time, as a missionary - I am exposed by another missionary! What a blessed privilege to have you as my friend and sister in Christ! From the bottom of my heart, I say: THANK YOU!!!

I do go through your reports and rejoice with you for the great work you are doing in Honduras for the Lord!!! It is the Lord who works through you, unlike many other missionaries (both men & women), as seen from their reports!

Most of the pictures and the activities that you are doing there always reminds me back to the days, when I was concentrating in rural areas of our country. But now being engaged in urban areas, (big cities and larger towns) really, I lost the fervor of laboring with people of low esteem! Sometimes, some of your pictures truly make me homesick too!

The Lord willing, I will also be able to celebrate Christmas this year with my youngest daughter Cindy and family! I can hardly wait to see Joel Joshua - my grand-son!

May I wish you the best of the season's blessings upon you and your family and your ministry from the Lord God Almighty, in behalf of my family, our missions and our missionary- co-laborers!!!

Thank you once again, for your thoughts and prayers!

Be not mistaken sister! YOU are always remembered in my prayers!

In His Vineyard, with love, prayers and regards

Thampi Joseph
Chennai, India