Monday, July 5, 2010

We're On Our Way to the U.S.A.

It's so hard to believe that we are headed back to the U.S. tomorrow.    Even though we returned to Honduras last February 25, it seems like it was just yesterday and, really, neither one of us is ready to leave again!  But, if all the appointments with the doctors come out okay, then we hope to return home sometime in August.  Please pray to that end.

God is still answering prayers for us!  As some of you know, we were very concerned about the situation in Ojo de Agua... a situation that could have been disastrous.  (If your not familiar with what I'm talking about see my last two blog posts.)  But, once again, when Satan was doing his best to try to destroy God's work, God took the problem and turned it into a way to help build His work!!  I believe that this was a result of so many prayers going up on our behalf!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."   ~ Romans 8:28

Because of all the people in the community who stood up in our defense, and all the positive things that were said about the church and us,  those who had been thinking about visiting the church decided maybe it was okay to come after all.  For others, it just peaked their curiosity, and they came to see what was going on!  Anyway, our attendance was not hurt at all!  In fact, in my children's class alone, we had 16 visitors!!!  Once again, we thank you all for your prayers and we give God all the glory for the wonderful results!

Yesterday, God answered another major concern and prayer request.  Since Alex can no longer help me with the children's classes I, once again, have been teaching all four classes on Sundays.  I had no one who was willing to teach during the time we are in the U.S.  But yesterday, a sweet young lady that I have known since she was 15 years old, told me that she wanted to teach the children and that she could go every two weeks to the mountains!  Yessinia is a precious Christian with a wonderful testimony and I am thrilled that the children will get to sit under her teaching until we return!  God always supplies our needs if we will just wait on Him and trust Him!

At our main church in La Esperanza, it was a bittersweet service.  My children's class had just finished a Sunday School competition based on attendance, scripture memorization and visitors.  Last night was awards night.  Besides the regular 1st through 3rd place winners, I also acknowledged perfect attendance and those who just missed once during the entire three month long competition.  Each child received a new Bible and some "fun" stuff, too.  But,  when the service was over and it was time to say goodbye, I'm not ashamed to tell you that there were a few tears shed, not just by me, but by some of our sweet people, too.   Even though we hope to return by the end of August, will truly miss them.

I just want to let everyone know that I may not be able to post something every week while we are in the States.  We are normally not in a home that has internet, so I must make time to go to a place that has WiFi.  I will, though, do my best to let everyone know what the doctor says about Mike's cancer as soon as we know something.  In the mean time, we do covet your prayers! 

Thank you all, once again, for taking an interest in what God is doing  here in  Honduras.  May He abundantly bless each of you.  ~ Debbie

No comments: